More About XM-60 and XM-600 Multi-axis Calibrator
Machines used for fabrication and manufacturing are more advanced than ever, thanks to better materials and improved technologies. At the same time, businesses have access to cutting-edge solutions that keep machinery in pristine operating condition. As a perfect example, machine alignment services help identify measuring errors.
In particular, many companies prefer using the XM-60 and XM-600 multi-axis calibrators since these diagnostic tools can measure six degrees of freedom, regardless of orientation, and with a single setup. When it comes to machine tool alignment, it’s imperative to take the right approach. XM-60 can measure all geometric errors in the axis.
As machine tool alignment equipment, both the XM-60 and XM-600 offer unique benefits. For instance, XM-60 provides a fast and accurate method of populating data for users of volumetric compensation. The XM-600 is a laser measurement system with enhanced capability for connecting directly with a range of UCC CMM controllers by Renishaw.
Key Features of XM-60 for Machine Tool Alignment
- Compact design
- Remote controlled from the laser unit (reduces the effect of heat at the measurement point)
- Multiple mounting orientations (side, upside down, on its back)
- 90-degree bracket to easily change the orientation
- Fully wireless receiver
- Powered by rechargeable batteries (eliminates trailing cables during machine moves)
- Different measurements (linear, pitch, roll, horizontal, yaw, and vertical)
- Easy setup
- Provides direct error data during the test process
- Operates with the CARTO software suite (Capture, Compensate, and Explore applications)
Critical for any machine tool alignment equipment, the XM-60 is precise. For additional features, this device works with a fixturing kit. Along with expanding mounting options, it simplifies operation.
Key Features of XM-600 for Machine Tool Alignment
- Easier and faster CMM error mapping
- Communicates directly to Renishaw’s UCC controllers
- Technology developed to specifically work with the XM-60 calibrator
- Simultaneously measures all six degrees of freedom within just one measurement
As with the XM-60 machine tool alignment equipment, the XM-600 is compatible with CARTO. As a result, it’s a viable solution for various types of manufacturing companies that utilize CMMs and machine tools.
The only way to keep machines and other equipment in peak operating condition is with proper maintenance. That involves running performance tests and accurately identifying errors. Otherwise, manufacturing problems will arise.
With improper machine tool alignment, your equipment can’t perform optimally. So, it becomes difficult to meet tight deadlines. This also has a direct impact on the quality of the part or component. Not only would this affect your customers, but it could also damage your reputation as a manufacturing company. Considering how fierce competition is today, it’s imperative to achieve accuracy 100 percent of the time.
Your Most Trusted Source
Whether you’re interested in buying the XM-60 and XM-600 combination or you need professional machine alignment services, we can accommodate. Maintenance Diagnostic Systems, Inc. (MDS) relies on our in-depth knowledge and years of experience to ensure our customers get the help they need. Give us a call for more information.